10:30am - 1pm
The Hong Kong Observation Wheel, 33 Man Kwong Street, Central
HK Observation Wheel > Tamar Garden > HK Observation Wheel
All ages of participants and different abilities, including wheelchair users *Participants aged below 18 (as of the event day) are required to obtain parental or guardian consent in the “Parent/Guardian Declaration” during online registration.
Quota: 1,000 (First-come, first-served.)
Event Pack: A race bib and souvenirs from CareER.
*Participants are suggested to wear white plain T-shirt.
Minimum Donation Amount:
Individual - HK$250 per person
Corporate team - HK$500 per person
1) MTR: Central Station (Exit A forward to Central Pier) or Hong Kong Station (Exit A2 forward to Central Pier)
2) Taxi : 33 Man Kwong Street, Central Hong Kong (Close to Star Ferry Pier Central, right in front of Piers no. 9 & 10)
3) Ferry: Take a ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui Pier to Central Pier for stunning Hong Kong views.
Phone no.: 3482 4288
Event pack collection:
a) Individuals: Event pack can be collected in person at the venue from 9am – 10:30am on the event day.
b) Corporate Team: All event packs will be delivered by post to respective company offices on or before 25th November 2016.
CareER is the first joint community for students and graduates of all higher education institutions in Hong Kong with disabilities and special needs. It was established in 2013 by three founders and a group of passionate, highly educated graduates with disabilities with the aim of creating a platform for students to help one another through alumni experience sharing and a charitable job matching platform leveraging professional HR expertise.
“Let’s Walk Together”– First Fundraising Walkathon
CareER was registered as a charity in 2014 and continues its efforts to encourage the disabled to develop their careers, with a focus on the often overlooked community of more highly educated persons with disabilities. Up till now, our operations rely on private and corporate donations.
To strive the continuous free job matching services and the sustainability of the first students/alumni union for the higher educated people with disabilities in Hong Kong, CareER is organizing its first fundraising walkathon "Lets Walk Together" on Saturday 3rd December 2016. Objectives of this event include celebrating the International Day of Persons with Disabilities set by The United Nations, raising awareness of the needs of higher educated talents with disabilities and special education needs as well as fundraising resources to CareER.
The walkathon will take place at Central waterfront HK Observation Wheel and the walk is about 1.3km to Tamar Park. Come join us with your colleagues, friends and family to enjoy this inspirational journey together! You will definitely be impressed by CareER's work in these 2 years. https://www.facebook.com/careerhk
Let us make this right step together and support talents with higher education with disabilities!
Use of Funds Raised
All donations raised will contribute and support “Let’s Walk Together” and CareER future operations, aiming to empower students and graduates with disabilities to attain their full potentials in career development through interview workshops & trainings, mentoring & internship programs and social networking. Please click to learn more about CareER activities. https://www.facebook.com/careerhk
Acknowledgement to Sponsors and Supporting Organizations
Saatchi & Saatchi
Copyright 2016 © by CareER All rights reserved.
1) Individual participants can register online on or before 30th November, 2016 (first-come first-served). Corporate team participants can contact and register with the assigned Person-In-Charge (PIC) in your own company on or before 21st November, 2016.
2) Participants must study the Importance Notice carefully. Participants who completed the registration process agreed to be abided by the Important Notice.
3) Participants should make sure their health conditions are suitable for the walk. In case of doubt, please seek medical advice in advance.
4) All donations made are non-refundable under any circumstances.
5) All donation of HK$100 or above are tax-deductible. (IR: 91/13388) A tax deductible receipt will be posted to the address provided by you after the event.
6) Registration is complete once the payment is settled. Incomplete information will not be accepted.will be posted to the address provided by you after the event.
7)Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail after completing the registration. Please contact CareER staff via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3482 4288 for any enquiry.
8) Late or on-site enrollment will not be accepted.
1) Participants are required to arrive at the venue for registration and collection of event pack from 9am – 10:30am on the event day. Latecomers will be disqualified.
2) Participants are suggested to wear white plain t-shirt.
3) Please attach the race bib in front of your t-shirt.
Each participant shall receive a set of hand strap in one of the colors for CareER logo
You would need to exchange with others and collect all four colors of hand strap
Each participant shall receive a race bib with different versions of imprinted encouragement notes
You could match with each other and form various message, do selfies and upload onto social media
Adverse Weather Arrangement
1) As for typhoon signal No.3 (or above), red or black thunderstorm is hoisted at 7am on the event day, the event will be canceled.
2) As inclement weather during the event; for the security reasons, the event director will change or cancel the event. All donation will not be refunded.
3) This activity will not be rescheduled and all donation made are non-refundable under any circumstances.
4) Please visit the Hong Kong Observatory inquiries about the weather conditions on the event day. (Tel: 1878200)
1) No baggage store during the event. Please do not bring any valuable items. Please take care of your personal belongings during the event. The organizer will not be liable for any responsibility, damage or lost.
2) Should there be any enquiries or assistance needed during the event, participants should contact the volunteers at the venue.
3) Participation quota is not transferable or assignable.
4) The Organizer reserves the right of all photos for future uses and references.
5) The Organizer reserves the right of final decision of the event. Any changes or contingent measures for the event announced by the organizer and posted on the event website shall prevail.
6) Public Liability Insurance will be covered by the Organizer. Participants are advised to take up their own personal or other insurance policies separately.
7) Participants must ensure that their body condition is suitable to participate in this event. The Organizer reserves the right to disallow / disqualify any person who is known or suspected not suitable to participate in the event.